While you may think it’s a good idea to do a DIY job when it comes to buying and/or selling your Denver home, the reality is, it’s always a good idea to enlist the aide of a professional Denver Realtor. In this blog post, we’re going to discuss the various reasons why this is so!
The Benefits of Using a Denver Realtor for Buying and Selling Your Home
Here’s a list of reasons why, if you’re interested in buying and/or selling a home in the Denver area, you should enlist the aid of a professional Denver area Realtor:
- Realtors aren’t “one man shows.” Rather, they can help connect you to a variety of professionals that you’ll need throughout the buying and selling process. Some of the many types of professionals that you’ll need throughout the buying and selling process include, but are certainly not limited to, the following: lawyers, inspectors, title companies, moving companies, and even loan providers.
- For many Realtors, real estate is not a hobby; rather, it’s their life. You, as a layperson, have your own 9-to-5 that takes up the vast majority of your time, so you don’t have time to schedule appointments, answer tough questions from prospective buyers and/or sellers, or follow up on listings…but all of these things are part and parcel of everyday life for a licensed Realtor.
- Denver Realtors who are members of the NAR — the National Association of Realtors (and that’s most of them) — are bound by a code of ethics that they must follow if they wish to remain in good standing within the organization. This ethical consideration, then, should alleviate any concerns that you may or may not have when it comes to listing your home — your investment — with a licensed Realtor.
- To that end, then, Realtors also have top-notch negotiation skills, especially if they’ve been involved in real estate for a number of years. No matter which side of the transaction you’re on, you’re going to want a Realtor who’s always going to aggressively represent your best interests, no matter what, in the negotiation process. Will you know how to handle, say, all-cash offers and/or bidding wars? A licensed Realtor certainly will!
- The Denver real estate market is a unique one, and it’s experienced a number of fluctuations and changes throughout the years. Unless you’re a fellow Realtor who has kept your eye on the changes in the market — the tax brackets, the price fluctuations — you won’t know how to accurately price your house. A licensed Realtor, especially one who is a native of — and familiar with — the market you’re looking to buy and/or sell in (in this case, the Denver market) will not only be able to tell you if you’ve priced your home appropriately, but will be able to tell you if the house you’re interested in buying is listed at a fair price.
- A Realtor’s contractual expertise is another reason why you should avoid doing a DIY job when it comes to buying and/or selling your Denver real estate. Contracts aren’t easy things to read — or to negotiate — and while your average Realtor isn’t a lawyer, s/he is certainly experienced enough to negotiate the finer points of a real estate contract. (With that said, it’s always best to enlist the aid of an attorney before signing any contract, especially if you’re not sure of some of the finer points.)
- Finally, but certainly no less importantly, Denver Realtors have access to homes that the average person does not. This means that they are the first to get listings, especially those that are considered “pocket listings” or “private sales.” Many of these private/pocket listings are in very desirable areas and are top-notch pieces of real estate!
For more information about us and our services, contact me today to see what we can do for you.