Whether you’re in the market to buy (or sell) a home in the Denver area, there are countless reasons why you should enlist the aide of a professional Denver Realtor in your house buying (and selling) search. In this blog post, then, we’re going to discuss the various benefits of using a professional realtor in your house buying (and selling) search in the Denver area!
- Even though you can certainly try to do it yourself, professional Realtors have a lot more years of expertise in the buying and selling field than you do (unless, of course, you’re a Realtor yourself!). Real estate has its own terminology — it also has its own set of disclosures, bylaws, and a multitude of other parameters to follow — so even though you may want to save that 3% in commission, be rest assured that not only is it money well spent, but we work hard for that commission…harder, perhaps, than you can even imagine until you try to get out there and do it yourself.
- Professional Realtors abide by a code of ethics. If we’re part of the National Association of Realtors (often abbreviated as NAR), and many of us are, we’re required to put our clients’ needs ahead of our own. In addition, we’re also required to disclose any and all potential issues with the property, and be truthful in all advertising that we take out. This, right there, eliminates many of the concerns that many potential home-buyers and home-sellers have throughout the process.
- As Realtors, we have access to listings that not even you have. Granted, the Internet provides a treasure trove of information and listings, but as Realtors, we have access to such things as pocket listings and private listings that aren’t available on the Internet at all. These listings are often competitively priced and ready for the taking!
- Professional Realtors have top-notch negotiating skills. Whenever there’s an offer on a house — especially on a house in a highly-desirable area — you’re going to encounter a lot of things such as all-cash offers, bidding wars, request for repairs, and other things that will drive the price either up or down. Without a professional negotiator like a Realtor on your side, you will definitely miss out on your dream home.
- Professional Realtors are able to navigate the paperwork. There’s an endless trove of paperwork that comes with negotiating a real estate deal — and without a professional Realtor there to help you fill out, and read through, the proper paperwork, you’re bound to get lost in the proverbial sauce.
- Professional Realtors are able to navigate through the Purple Room Phenomenon. The Purple Room Phenomenon is a term used in real estate that describes how Realtors are able to identify what, precisely, their clients want and need in a house — so if a client wants a house in a certain neighborhood with a Purple Room, the Realtor will know what house in that neighborhood has the purple room that the client wants. That’s not something you’ll necessarily be able to find on your own…not without a large expenditure of time, money, and resources.
- Finally, but certainly no less importantly, professional Realtors are able to be your therapist, friend, and confidante all into one. They know what you’re going through — they go through it every day with different clients — and they’ll help you through the process as well. One of the things that Realtors are really good at is taking the process from beginning to end — and they’ll go above and beyond to make sure your home-buying experience is the best one.
For more information about the real estate services I can provide, please contact me today to learn more about how I can help you.