Selling or buying a home may be one the most challenging undertakings you’ll ever have to do. Unfortunately, some people try to tackle this job without professional help, so they often fail or feel undue pain. There are many reasons for handing over this task to a highly trained and experienced trusted Denver real estate agent. If you’re planning to sell or buy a home in the metro Denver area, here are some of the benefits of using a professional Realtor.
Advantages for Sellers
- A Realtor can save you time and energy. Consider that selling a home can take away quality time that you could spend with your family, especially on evenings and weekends.
- Real estate agents know how to declutter a home, besides stage it properly to attract buyers.
- Another perk is that a Denver real estate agent will conduct open houses for prospective buyers to tour your home. If you’ve already moved out of your home, a Realtor uses a lockbox to access it for showing it.
- Listing a home on the MLS services is an invaluable bonus for having a Denver real estate agent sell your home. This gives sellers maximum coverage. The MLS (multiple listing service) is like a huge property warehouse in which Realtors share their inventory with one another. It also gives buyers a wide range of choices in homes. Once a property is sold, it’s removed from the MLS.
- Your Denver area Realtor can do the coordinating work for necessary upgrades and repairs on your home. Most agents know professionals, such as landscapers, plumbers, contractors and other specialists who can help get your home in shape so that’s in ready to sell.
- Screening people who want to see your home can be stressful for sellers. But when they let Realtors do the screening, homeowners can feel safe.
- Besides keeping you safe, a good agent can check to make sure a buyer is able to afford buying your home and is legitimate. As a result, time isn’t wasted in showing your home to people who can’t afford it.
Advantages for Buyers
- A professional real estate agent can help you understand what’s involved in financing a home. This is one of the main reasons buyers turn to real estate agents as most people don’t have a budget for what they can afford when it comes to buying a home. What’s more, they can recommend lenders who are trustworthy.
- Denver Realtors have a good understanding of the current real estate market. Because they have dealt with the ups and downs of rising and falling interest rates, they’re more experienced than the average home buyer.
- Realtors negotiate for you, helping you get the home that’s right for you at the best price possible, in addition to negotiating for the best terms.
- Real Estate Agents can point out specific trends and details of the metro Denver neighborhoods.
Benefits for Both Sellers and Buyers
- A Realtor will ensure the legal paperwork is done properly, potentially saving you from major issues down the road.
- Your Realtor serves as an agent working on your behalf, which can help with negotiations (the more the other party knows about you, the more they can use it against you in negotiations).
Considerations and Warnings
- Most metro Denver Realtors want to work exclusively with clients because that allows them to invest the most time into their best interest. If a client does not sign an exclusive agreement with their denver real estate agent they will almost certainly get less effort and maybe less quality from the agent since that agent has less certainty of a commission.
- Beware of low-commission Realtors. Sometimes, you get what you pay for.
- Sellers who try to sell their homes without using an agent typically overprice their homes which results in a home fading away on the market.
- Homes that remain too long on the market can look suspicious to buyers who think that something must be wrong with them.
Don’t make the mistake of trying to sell or buy a home on your own. Instead, call a professional: Denver Real Estate Agent. As a Denver native and Denver Realtor, I’m well qualified and experienced to help clients either buy or sell a home. Please contact me today to start a conversation about your home.